Sunday, October 11, 2009

Week of the Ministry

Where will YOU follow Jesus??? Most Pastors are in ministry because we have chosen to answer God's call to serve. Following Jesus takes us many places we never dreamed we would go- Like Louisville! As this is the Week of the Ministry in the Christian Church I thought I would reflect on what that means to me.

An Elder of the small church approached the parsonage and found the pastor's son on the front porch. “I hear your dad has been asked to take a larger church in Kansas City. Is he taking the job? "I don't know, he is in the study praying about it." What's your mother doing?

"She's upstairs packing."

Being a minister in the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) is not an easy life. - Actually it is not easy in any church. But then Jesus did not promise us an easy life if we follow Him. What He said was, "Take up your cross and follow me." Oh! Did we miss that part about a "CROSS" some where for us? Did we not hear that part about following Him? Do we not remember that almost all the apostles died a martyr’s death?

Yes we do but we go anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment