As a Pastor I have walked through many cemeteries to bury the bodies of souls that have returned to the Lord. Often tombstones have only a name and two dates with the dash between them. A lot happens between the date of birth and the date of death and often the memory of those events are lost to history.
What makes that dash meaningful?
- Remember that everything you have is a gift from God.
- Every thing you have now you will loose for you can not take it with you. Even the great kings of Egypt who tried could not.
- While you are in possession of what ever you have you are a steward who makes decisions on how it will be used.
- How you use what ever you have will determine the kind of person you are and the condition of your souls at the time of your death.
- You will account to God for the condition of your soul.
What you are at birth is God’s gift to you what you are at death is your gift to God.
Make it a good gift.