Thursday, March 12, 2009

Lest I Forget

It is very frustrating when a word, phrase or a name will not come to mind. It drives me crazy when something I know very well simply will not pop into my mind. Then ten minutes after I needed it bang there it is. Sometimes it is only when we quite trying to remember that the illusive bit of information shows up in our gray matter.

It is considered a human shortcoming to be forgetful. There are times when forgetting is useful and needed. In Hebrews 8:12 God is quotes as saying "For I will be merciful toward their iniquities and I will remember their sins no more." That God would voluntarily forget our forgiven sins is love beyond human comprehension.

3 comments:

  1. oh, that happens to me so often! You go down to the cellar to get something, and forget what it was until you go upstairs again! LOL

    Isn't it nice to know we're not perfect? heehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgiveness is when I come closest to god because to truly do it requires an effort that is beyond me alone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget stuff lots of times!

    A couple of times I was on my way home on the bus, after getting my weekly chemo shot, and went right by my apartment building!

    I finally heard the bell ring and got off the bus and walked home the three blocks to where I had forgotten!

    ReplyDelete