Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday Paradox

As a youth I wondered why they would call it "Good Friday" when the most awful thing happened on that day. It was a paradox that I did NOT understand. This was the day of the week that Jesus was crucified and endured such horrible pain at the hands of the Romans.

Later I understood that out of that most terrible event came the very best result.
 RESURRECTION happened!

The paradox is still almost too much for me to deal with and I still wonder why it had to happen the way that it did. We could blame it on the Jews of Jesus day saying if only they had accepted Jesus as the Messiah but it would have turned out so different if they had. Would the gentiles [non-Jews] have accepted the faith in ONE God?

It was this earth shaking event that changed everything and for me the paradox of Good Friday makes all the difference.

Today is a day for fasting and prayer! Think and pray about what happened for YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Very good advice, Pastor Larry! That I will be doing, for sure. :)

    Happy Easter weekend to you and your loved ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the good part is that Christ died and in that death, of course, we gentiles can spend eternity with Him! I think that very good news!

    It is good, it's just how you choose to look at it - Christ going through that horrific, excruciatingly painful and slow death - not a good or pleasant sight - Christ taking on the sin of the world - a wonderful thing.
    ben

    ReplyDelete