Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Absentminded


Sometimes I can be so absentminded it astonishes me. I am responsible for taking care of our two cars. When it is time to wash them I will drive one to the car wash and clean it then come back home. I take a break and have a cup of coffee and take the other one to do the same. One day during the last mild days, I took one of the cars to wash it and returned home. I drank a cup of coffee and talked to a neighbor. Halfway to the car wash I realized that I was driving the clean car. I laughed all the way back home.
ExplodeLaughRoll Eyes
Usually my absentmindedness involves unimportant things but other times I forget bigger items and it is no laughing matter. In a moment of distraction I give into temptation and commit a sin. Yes it even happens to pastors. From time to time we all fail to give God our full attention and love. We tend to put physical things above spiritual things and become careless with God’s greatest gifts of love, forgiveness and compassion.
Angel
I am thankful that God loves us enough to forgive us our senior moments and is always there to return too when we remember.

2 comments:

  1. I have always had a problem with sin but not about what is right and wrong. I hope God understands this about me (I think he does) and knows that my internal controversies revolve around my own sense of right and wrong and not sin. When I stick to the high road, I find my life is easier and better.

    When it comes to cars, though...I need to get mine washed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God understands better than we do.

    ReplyDelete