Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tall Tales



At last nights Toastmasters meeting we had the club “Tall tales” contest. The task was to tell a big lie and make it sound believable.
Chin
There were five of us entered and I told about a Golden Tornado in West Texas where I grew up. My high school mascot is the “Golden Tornado” so my story was about how that came to be.
Happy Yes
I came in second to a tale about two dogs. All the tall tales were outrageous and funny. I had a lot of fun at that meeting. Now I need to get ready for our clubs International Speech contest on March first.
Cool

3 comments:

  1. Oh that is a fun contest. I need to renew my TM membership. Having a baby though makes attendance less of a priority though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes do renew it is a lot of fun... Can hubby baby site and give you some time away for fun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The closest club meets at 7 a.m. on Wednesday mornings. If it were evenings, then most likely he would gladly watch the baby. I really miss that club.

    ReplyDelete