Monday, March 1, 2010

Way Too Early


Mother nature woke me up way too early this morning. It is becoming a habit that I don’t like. Mind you I am retired and have the time to sleep way late but at a few minutes to six and I am laying in bed trying to get back to sleep.
Bash
Then I hear the coffee maker doing its thing. My darling Melanie sets the coffee up before she leaves for work. She is so sweet to me.
Cheek Kiss
So I got up sat in the living room watching the fire and drinking my morning coffee and trying to focus my eyes. Several cups later I started in on my morning prayers and devotion. I couldn’t decide what scripture to read so I sat my bible on its spine and let it fall open. It opened to I Samuel 16. I started reading and came to verse seven.
Angel
“Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” I remembered that Jesus had quoted this scripture. What was God trying to tell this blurry eyed preacher this morning?
Chin
The image I project to others is polished so that I look good on the outside.  The prophet is asking me about how polished I am on the inside. How does my spirit look to God who sees my heart and soul as clearly as others see that my hair is combed. Must pray about that all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment