Saturday, June 11, 2011

Family Memorits

Past memories are flooding my mind as we get ready for my nephew's wedding. It is like a family reunion here in Texas. My sister gave me a folder of very old newspaper articles my mother had saved.

By old I mean that some of them dated back to the mid sixties. Most of them were about my ministry over the years. There were some things that I did not remember until I read them. I really need to sit down with this stuff and write my life's history while I still can.


In talking with my siblings I recognize they remember some events differently than I do. Sometimes I have to laugh about the variance in our reflections. Life is that way when it comes to a point of view. We witness the same event and see different aspects of it and that charges our memories with different understanding. It is not that one of the other is lying but we honestly remember differently. 

1 comment:

  1. Isn't that true! Perception is everything, in some cases!

    ReplyDelete