Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A Very Spiritual Retreat

A Very Spiritual Retreat

I spent this past week-end on a very spiritual retreat singing with the Kentucky Regional Men’s Chorus. I joined a hundred other Christian men at Lake Cumberland State Resort Park in one of the most spiritual events a man could enjoy. It is an awesome and powerful feeling to sing the songs of our faith with so many men.

From Friday night through Saturday night we sang, prayed, worshiped and experienced Communion. Then on Sunday morning we provided a sermon in music for First Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Somerset, Kentucky. What a blessing that was!

I have been participating in this chorus for eight years of its nineteen years of existence. Each year we are in a different part of the state often in one of the state parks but sometimes in hotels in the larger cities. This is an annual retreat that once a man experiences he won’t want to miss. For the most part the men are from Kentucky but we have men who come from may other states and Canada. Some are men who have moved away but come back for this and some are like my brother who at my invitation drives up from Louisiana to sing with me.

I am already looking forward to next February in Henderson.

Check out the web site at http://www.kyregionalmenschorus.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment