Monday, December 17, 2012

Children In Church




I think most churches have a “Children’s Sermon/Moment” during worship where the children come to the front of the sanctuary for a message at their level. Adults often get more out of that message than a thirty minute sermon.

Sunday as I sat and looked at the children sitting on the chancel steps my thoughts went to those Connecticut who were missing from their congregations worship services. Pastor Mike mentioned that same thought later in the service. I think how we are so use to seeing our children sitting there and how precious they are. I felt for those parents the sadness of their children not being there.

I know that the whole country is praying for that community and their missing children whose funerals will darken this week’s spirit and joy.
Praying with tears today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment