Friday, January 15, 2010

Spiritual Nourishment


Spiritual Nourishment
Angel
I was working on a sermon and doing the scripture study for the message and my stomach growled with hunger. I was almost finished but was being torn between completing the study or stopping and getting something to eat.
Blink
The scripture happened to be first Peter second chapter. The second and third verses read, “Like newborn babies, crave spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.”
Chin
I remember when my darling daughters were infants and would cry loudly to be fed. The wanted milk and they knew it and were not about to miss a meal. Growing up they consumed hundreds of gallons of milk and grew strong.
Happy Yes
This is a lesson for us to keep growing strong in our relationship with God we need to consume spiritual food on a daily basis. That day I decided that my lunch could wait until I finished my spiritual food in first Peter. I decided to savor the word of God in my life and be nourished. Then I enjoyed a lunch of physical food even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment