Saturday, February 20, 2010

A Small Act of Kindness


It was a small act of kindness but it made a big difference in how I felt for the rest of the day. I was trying to exit from a business on Shelbyville road and with heavy traffic I waited for a long time. It looked like I would wait for a much longer time and be late for my appointment. Everyone was in a hurry and so was I. Frustration mounted as I waited for a break in the traffic flow that would never come. Then a young man stopped his car short of the driveway exit and gave a wave of his hand for me to proceed. I waved a thank you and pulled in to the line of cars ahead of him.
Wave
Because I practice “Pay Forward” I did the same for three other people on my way to my appointment.
Cloud Nine

2 comments:

  1. It seems like those kinds of gestures make the day a whole bunch better!

    ReplyDelete