Monday, April 12, 2010

My True Home

I have moved many times in my life and have lived in many states. Most of the time my moves were planned but some of them were forced. The Navy never gave me a choice and sometimes the church said it was time to move so we did.
Angel
Each move brought me to a different neighborhood and acquaintances and it seemed that as soon as I became assimilated I would be uprooted and need to begin the process all over again. In ministry there is never a sense of a permanent home and though we have been Texans in exile for over thirty years even Texas doesn’t seem like home anymore. My darling wife and I always say that our home is where the other is at the moment.
Cloud Nine
My devotion this morning brings me to Psalm 23 verse 6, “Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.” My true home is with God forever and I will indeed dwell in the House of the Lord forever. I am so blessed that my live has been an adventure of love from place to place in God’s Kingdom.

1 comment:

  1. With God in our hearts, we can make home anywhere. My sister and I have lived in various places across the US. But I do consider NM home and maybe its because I am able to make visits there from time to time. As for Texas, you must return to visit. People will tell ya, it's God's country!

    ReplyDelete