Friday, May 27, 2011

More on Health Care Issues

I saw an  ad on TV warning against the what they call Oboma-care health care  and using scare tactics showing a government bureaucrat getting between the patient and doctor saying you can’t give that treatment.



The big problem, and I speak from personal experience, is that my health insurance company has been telling my doctor for years that I can’t have a treatment unless I am willing to pay 100 percent of it. They are already doing what the ads are trying to scare us with. How dumb do they think we are? They pulled that trick several times before and they think it will work again.

 

Fear of the unknown or what might be moves people to action against their own best interest. It is the same arguments of fear with medicare.

 


The very real issue in these arguments is money. How should health care money be collected and spent? There are no easy answers. Instead of arguments from fear we need to examine other ways of talking about how we do health care for all our citizens with out breaking the bank to pay for it. Clear heads and common ground are needed but political re-elections seem to be the guard at the gate. All we seem to have in both major political parties are self centered career politicians. Well that is what we have to work with and we keep sending them back to congress.  




1 comment:

  1. Excellent post. I, for one, am doing all I can to NOT send them back to Congress. I need reinforcements.

    S

    ReplyDelete