Saturday, May 28, 2011

She Missed Breakfast

My mother was always fond of her breakfast. Many times on this day of the year she would remind me that she gave up her breakfast for me on May 28, 1942. Mind you she was glad to do it because I was finally going to make an appearance. Not that she was given much of a choice in the matter.


It was not just that morning that mom made sacrifices for me and my brothers and sisters. I am so thankful to her for giving me life and teaching me the value of living it as a Christian. She taught me about the bible and about God’s love for me. She taught me to love God, love others and love myself in that order. I am what I am today in large part to the foundation that she carefully laid for my life.


Even today though her mind is damaged by strokes I know that she holds me in her prayers every day.


Thank you MOM I love you very much.

1 comment:

  1. your birth(day) was more important then breakfast, for sure! Have a happy one!

    ReplyDelete