Sunday, July 3, 2011

Religious Freedoms




When William Penn established the Pennsylvania colony he incorporated the idea of "Religious Tolerance" or freedom of religion. That concept was included in our Constitution in the Bill of Rights. I believe that it is a very good thing and makes all of our religions stronger.

No one can be forced by the government to abide by any one religious belief system. Each church group or religious group must prosper on its own merits.

For me to have my right to worship as I please it is necessary that I allow my neighbor to also have the right to worship [or not worship] as he or she pleases. I will tolerate their religion no matter how wrong I may think it is.

This is one of the freedoms we have fought to protect and should live to embrace.

No comments:

Post a Comment