Monday, August 22, 2011

A Woman Who Reads

A woman vacationing by a lake wanted some peace and quiet to read her book. She took her husbands fishing boat out into the lake and droped anchor. There in a quiet spot she began to read.

After a while a fish and game warden pulled up along side her boat. “What are you doing, Ma’am,” he said. “Reading a book,” She replied. “Isn’t that obvious?”


“You are in a restricted fishing area.” He informed her. “But I am not fishing.” “Yes but I see you have all the equipment and you might start at any time. So I am going to have to write you a ticket.”


She looked up from her book and smiled. “Then I will have to charge you with sexual assault.” “But I haven’t touched you,” said the exasperated game warden.


She said, “Yes but you have all the equipment and for all I know you may start at any time.”

The game warden tipped his hat and said, “Have a nice day ma’am,” and left.


The moral of this story is to never argue with a woman who reads. It is likely that she can also think.

No comments:

Post a Comment