Saturday, May 25, 2013

Birthday Sign


In 1992 to 1993 I was interim pastor for First Christian Church of Highland Indiana. It is a wonderful congregation full of loving committed people.

The first thing I noticed when I first arrived there was that their sign was small, wood, and falling apart. They had the money for a new sign so I strongly suggested that they invest in a sign that would attract attention. This sign would have a place for messages and I recruited a lovely couple to be in charge of the sign ministry. Woody and Margaret Messmer have been serving that ministry ever since.



Every year they send me birthday greetings and a picture of the sign. This year they posted a special message just for me and took this picture. I have such warm feeling for this congregation and a lot of love for Woody and Margaret. Thanks for the memories.  

1 comment:

  1. Birthday Yard Signs also offer 3 dimensional lawn ornaments . Not only the dreaded pink flamingo, but also cows, pigs, penguins and elephants. These lawn ornaments and birthday lawn signs can easily fill a yard and can be mixed with any other 2 dimensional lawn ornaments like our hearts, lips, smiley faces, soccer balls, golf balls,hockey pucks,frogs, fish, dogs, mad faces.

    ReplyDelete