Saturday, March 8, 2014

Daylight Savings Time RANT

It is time for my annual rant! Yes Tomorrow very early we spring our clocks forward an hour for Day Light Savings Time. This changing back and forth has never made any sense to me as we do not really save anything. There are the same 24 hours in a day and all they do is shift our clocks to loose us an hours sleep on Sunday. There are the same number of daylight hours to deal with which changes with the seasons anyway.

I recognize that I am more aggravated than others about this since as a preacher it has meant that my main working day Sunday is messed up twice a year. If you have to do it why not on Saturday? Then to make matters worse every so often some politician decides to put forth a bill to start DLST earlier and end it later. Sunday it will still be dark at 7 AM and light at 8 PM as summer approaches the sun sets around 10 PM.

I know that my little rant will not change any thing but I feel better for doing it. SO how do you feel about this madness? You may post your opinions here. Change your clocks any way!

1 comment:

  1. Fortunately, Arizona does not observe this ridiculous notion of "saving" daylight and we do nothing to our clocks except look at them and wonder why everyone else wants to keep changing them forward and backward!

    ReplyDelete