Tuesday, March 4, 2014

From Out of the Blue

Sometimes trouble hits us from out of the blue when we least expect it. It could be be any number of things like our only car suddenly dies and the repair cost more than the car is worth. It could also be more drastic like the sudden death of someone we love very much. Our world can be turned upside down in a failed relationship and divorce or separation. Our heart aches with a pain that is deeper than words can express. We can feel that there is not a person on earth that knows what we are going though and we are so alone in our grief and pain.

That of course is not true on many levels. There are many people all over the world who are going through the same thing every day. If we allow ourselves to reach out to others we will find people who can empathize with us because they know how we feel. We are not truly alone in our pain. We also know that God is with us if we allow our spirits to reach out to the Holy Spirit in prayer and as Jesus taught us we will be comforted.

There was a time when a woman I loved very much broke off our relationship and left me devastated. I did not think that I could love like that again and I prayed for relief from my hearts pain. To my relief and joy the great love of my life and the truly perfect person for me reached out from a great distance to heal my pain. What joy has filled my life ever since.

Thank you Lord for sending her my way with more love than I have ever known.

1 comment: