Monday, January 5, 2009

Judy ask a follow-up Question on Resurrection

Judy said...

So when we die, the instant we die we got straight to Heaven? That's great to know. :)
.

.
Hmmm, but since we are already in Heaven when we die, then what's happening with the Resurrection?

.

.

Resurrection is a different issue:

.

The early Christian leaders understood the second coming resurrection to be a resurrection of the body that would be transformed. From the ashes and dust of the earth would rise the bodies of the faithful - regardless of what had happened to their bodies, burned, hacked up or eaten by lions - the earth will give up its dead and the transformed bodies of the faithful will rejoin the soul.

.

There are a lot of opinions on this idea. I like that my soul goes directly to God, I am not sure I care what happens to this old body. The ancients argued about this a lot. Food for thought.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pastor Larry! You're a brave soul to follow me without really knowing who I am. :P

    Glad to see you here! It looks a lot like home.

    Gossamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I get a new body too? That's wonderful. That must be what they mean when they say there will be no more pain, no more suffering.

    Thankyou, Pastor Larry.

    ReplyDelete