Friday, January 9, 2009

Love and Forgiveness

Love and forgiveness are quite different though it often takes a lot of love to forgive someone.



Forgiveness requires

1. A wrong done; 

2. Admission of guilt; 

3. Repentance by the wrong doer: and 

4. Forgiveness by the one who was wronged.

This is why we confess our sins to God and repent. The word repent means to turn around - that is make a commitment to not do the sin again. This is a lot more than saying "I am sorry."

Repentance and Forgiveness restarts the relationship fresh.

5 comments:

  1. Forgiveness is something you do for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God forgave me, I forgave myself, but the person involved will not forgive. (It wasn't any crime or anything like that.) Just family stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy in that case the person who will not forgive caries a heavy load and that is so sad. If you have done your part there is noting else you need worry about.
    Pastor Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Psalm 25:11
    For the sake of your name, O LORD, forgive my iniquity, though it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou, Pastor Larry. That makes me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete