Sunday, September 5, 2010

Un-necessary Anguish


We can sometimes have moments of anguish and embarrassment that are altogether un-necessary. We can look back on them and slap our foreheads and ask, “Why?” only to laugh at the absurdity of it. I have rescued my wife more than a few times from such conditions and she has rescued me from them as well. We all have them so it pays not to make fun of others when it happens to them.

One day I drove to church and as I was getting out of the car a member of the congregation approached to talk for more than a few minutes. Distracted as I was I closed the car door automatically locking it and not realizing that my keys were still in the car. When I say keys I mean all my keys to the church offices as well as the car.
 Bash
The secretary let me in the building and I phoned my wife to bring her set of keys so that I could retrieve mine. There was a certain amount of glee in her eyes that the tables were turned for once. I sheepishly thanked her with a kiss and sent her on her way.
 Hug Love
About an hour later I did the slap on the head as I remembered that in one of the folds of my wallet is a spare key to my car door.
 Slap Headrotfl

No comments:

Post a Comment