Friday, September 9, 2011

An Invitation

There are some people who think their religion ought to be mandated for every one on earth. I believe that you can not force or mandate a particular religion. For a faith to be real it must be freely chosen not forced by law or threat. An adherence to a religion based on force or fear has no place in the heart.

I am aware that Jesus did not force faith on others. Jesus was one who gave out invitations.
“Come follow me and I will make you fishers of me.”
“Come with me and I will give you rest.”

It is the nature of invitations that allows one invited to accept or reject it. When one hears an invitation to faith there is a pause in life to think about it and consider the value of faith. Then when there is free acceptance the new believer enters into a relationship with God fully and the faith means something.

If you have faith be invitational with it. If you do not have faith, listen for the invitation and consider its value for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment