Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Single-Minded ???

Nehemiah was a man dedicated to a single purpose of rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Like Nehemiah I am very single minded but I am also highly distractible. While working on something I am often so focused that I do not pay attention to others around me. But once distracted it may be days or longer before I refocus on that project.

Frustration is often the result of a distraction when I later come across the abandon project waiting to be completed. Try as I may a solution to this problem eludes me. I leave note to myself and long “To-Do” list but reading them is also a part of the condition of my mental organization.

I find that the older I get the more pronounced the effects of this condition. Though I can not blame it on age for I have always been this way. I do get things done eventually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment