Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Church Member OR Disciples of Jesus?


Jesus gave his disciples these simple commands to follow. If we are His disciples we will take them seriously.  With sadness I recognize that there are far too many people who are members of churches but who are not "Disciples of Jesus." By that I mean that they belong to a church but do not accept the commands of Jesus as their personal marching orders.

Remember Jesus' last command in Matthew 28:19, “Go, therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit and teaching them to obey everything that I have commanded you. And remember that I am with you always.”

Therefore your personal marching orders from Jesus are:
1.     You Go make disciples of all nations.
2.     You Baptize them.
3.     You Teach them all I have commanded you.
4.     You Remember I am with you always.

To make it personal pray about your part in these final commands, what we now call the "Great Commission." Recognize that you do have a part in this commission and make it personal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment