Monday, January 25, 2010

No More Lines


On the day I was discharged from the US Navy I shouted : “NO MORE LINES” and I thought that was true. In the navy we stood in line for everything; meals, showers, shots, pay and shore leave. We often had to stand in the shot line in order to get to stand in the pay line.
Banned
Well that declaration was very soon disillusioned as I have been standing in lines ever since. Reregistration for classes at the University of Texas was a shocker of a line. Checking out at the grocery store, getting money at the bank and even being put on hold on the phone is standing in line. “Your call will be answered in the order in which it was received.”  Don’t get me started on lines at the airport.
Bash
About the only place where I don’t ever have to stand in line is when I pray.Angel

2 comments: