Monday, February 27, 2012

After I Die


I am near the end of my seventh decade of living on this earth and I know that I am at least half way to the end if not more. At some point I will breathe my last breath as we all do. My spirit will return to God and I will not be in the shell that is left behind. What then?

Recycling has been an important part of my life and in that philosophy I have listed myself as an organ donor for over thirty years.  So what ever can be used to enhance the lives of others should be. I have reached an age when not everything is in a condition to be recycled but it can be used for research and that is OK with me.

What ever is left over should be burned and my ashes recycled into the earth to provide new nourishment for plants. If there is something of me that must be buried and forgotten it is my faults and sins. Let them rest!

If I have lived my life in such a way that you wish to remember me you should know that I have believed in paying forward. If I have blessed you remember that and bless others that cross your path. I know that which is really me will live with God forever and the memory of my life will live on in the hearts of those people whom I loved. I am at peace with that!

2 comments: