Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just Listen

Raising a teenage daughter changed my perspective on how God relates to us. She was at the age where dad didn't know anything, she knew everything and was angry that I didn't let her have her way. If I said one thing she did the other and it made for a very difficult time for both of us. Many times I told her that if she would only listen to me her life would be a lot easier!

Reading through the Book of Judges in the Bible I read the words, "They did what was evil in the sight of God." over and over again. I can imagine that God thinks, "If they would only listen to me their lives would be a lot easier." If we did listen to God and live by the teachings of Jesus we could save ourselves a lot of pain and heartache.

I still learn that lesson for my self every day. Today is a day to love God, love others and get the word out.

No comments:

Post a Comment